1.05.2022

Twenty Twenty Two


Happy New trip around the sun. It's all very meaningful and shit.. I know. I'm determined this one shall be different! 

Of course I actually have no control of these things and there's still room for it to get worse so...

It's the year of the tiger. At least it will be in February. I'm sure that means something very exciting but I can't be bothered to look it up.

They really should have New Year's a different time of year. January sucks enough generally, but when you have a shitty commission only sales job (which you're not particularly skilled at) which relies heavily on tourist presence (close to non-existent after the festive season especially when it's only just post or not even post pandemic times) so you're worried about even having barely enough money to survive a few weeks from now because you didn't make enough money during December to last you long because they fucked the tourist season here by putting in Covid restrictions that turned out to be useless anyway... then it sucks quite more. Oh and it's cold.. in this part of the Northern Hemisphere anyway. 

But yeah. Yay 2022 🥂🎶🎸


8 comments:

Ronald said...

I don't pay much heed to particular days of the year. Indeed, the most enjoyable days have been memorable almost wholly due to what I was doing and who I was with, the date being irrelevant. Anyway, apologies for being unable to offer anything other than trite twaddle :(

Michelle said...

No apology necessary. I've always thought that trite twaddle is the best kind of twaddle.

And you're right. The dates and the numbers don't matter. Shit happens when shit happens. Sometimes it's fun to celebrate the anniversary of something and there's nothing wrong with an excuse to party but there's really not much more to it.

All the same I hope this year is going good for you, as I generally hope things are going good.

Ronald said...

My life is going, sort of. The problems I have are inconveniences rather than sufferings, so that's good, don't you think?

Hugs x

Michelle said...

Well if you're tolerably satisfied with your lot, I suppose it's ok.

Ronald said...

I just refrain from dwelling on the idea that my life sucks. It has, of course, sucked in the past, but for the moment it's relatively okay. But who knows what tomorrow brings?

Michelle said...

It's a healthy attitude, and one I have trouble keeping up, although in my defense, things really do persist in sucking really badly around here and I'm really fucking sick of it.

Michelle said...

I do hope things are good for you though, I feel my response up there was a bit dry and unfeeling sounding. Good luck with everything.

Ronald said...

I wouldn't dream of of telling you how to face up to adversity, I was just telling you how I feel about my own current situation. I don't doubt for one minute the severity of your situation. Everyday I watch the world news on BBC, and I'm aware of how deadly and economically destructive Covid can be. I feel for you.